In 2006, DPI setup the Book Scanning Bureau, the first in the country. We purchased our first bookscanner, the i2S Copibook A2 and in 2020, we purchased the i2s Copibook A1.
We have scanned thousands of books, of various size and bound type, for Customers in Libraries, Archives, Museums, Private Companies and Government Departments across Ireland, North and South
Our specialist equipment is designed to support and care for books, with a book cradle and a pressure sensitive glass plate.
Our Staff are all highly trained and very experienced handling old and archival material.
Utilising the latest in book scanning technologies, hardware and software, we offer a comprehensive service, including
- Scanning up to heritage standards
- Post processing options
- Indexing and Metadata
- File formatting
- Binding with our local Bookbinder Albert Browne
- Reprint and Frame with a local company, Art and Frame
We understand that our clients have varying degrees of knowledge on book scanning/digitsation. Through years of experience, we have the ability to provide a custom solution to our customers book scanning requirements, offering free consultation and book review, providing ‘getting started guides’ and Customer visits, to help get the project started.
During the initial consultation, we always consider:
- Suitable location for the project , Bureau or Onsite
- The project requirements and quality standards
- Time constraints to completion
- Assist with how best to host the scanned images eg websites/digital repositories
Our book scanning solutions cater for:
- Soft and hard bound books
- Large volumes
- Board of Guardian volumes
- Cemetery Registers
- Proceedings books
- Magazines and Brochures and Newspapers
Storage Vault Facility
A key factor for many of our Clients is how and where the material will be stored during production. At the DPI Bureau, we have our own dedicated storage vault facility.
- Your items will remain in the vault for the duration of the project and only removed during scanning production.
- The rooms are of block construction, with a steel door, with a 2hr fire rating, with 24 hour monitoring, cctv and intruder/fire alarms.
- Individual highly secure Vaults with min of two hour fire rating.
- Open Storage Units with the latest protection systems for document or media storage
- Full protection, with 24 hour monitoring of intruder and fire alarm systems
- State of the art 24 hour Closed Circuit Television CCTV Monitoring
- Managed by Company storage quality procedures